Every company is sensitive to the environment and hence does all that they can to avoid the heat getting out to the environment. The popular method is called Evaporative cooling wet wall system. This method has been used for hundreds of years in one form or another because of its simplicity.
EcoShield as a cooling technology is being used for a Greener tomorrow. Ecoshield implies evaporative cooling technology in which water is circulated through the system by a pump station. The water is then supplied to the top of the cooling pads via a water distribution pipe and deflector. The water then flows down the corrugated surface of the evaporative cooling pad. During this process the warm and dry air that passes through the cooling pads evaporates and releases a small portion of water. The heat that is needed for the evaporation is taken from the air itself. The air that leaves the pad is therefore cooled and the rest of the water is drained back to a tank for re-circulation through a drain system.
Features of Evaporative Wet Wall Cooling System in UAE
- The pump is triggered by an ambient sensor or refrigerant head pressure to ensure minimum water is used, and maximum benefits are gained.
- The water on the cooling pads provides an adiabatic cooling effect on the incoming air, thus reducing the temp before it reaches the heat rejection coil (Condenser Coil)
- Air-cooling reduces the head pressure and discharge temp results in increased efficiency.
- Water supply duration and frequency can be increased or decreased to match the ambient temp.
- No water falling on chiller equipment extending machine life.
- Condenser total production from dust less maintenance of the condenser.
- Energy Savings up to 18% helps in reducing operating cost.
Concept of Wet wall System
The condenser is one of the major components in any Air-conditioning and refrigeration equipment, used to reject heat from the Building/Load to the atmosphere. The efficiency of the condenser directly affects the power input or power consumed by the Compressor the major energy consumer in any refrigeration and Air conditioning system.
How much heat is rejected per kW gives us the EER rating, or Energy Efficiency Ratio. EER = Ec / Pa
In normal air conditioning systems, condensing temperature is always higher than the outside air temperature by at least more than 40 degrees. Utility studies have determined that summertime condensing temperatures for air conditioners can be 140 to 150 degrees. A 10 degree rise in condensing temperature will cost 2 EER points. Likewise, a 10 degree drop in condensing temperature will result in a gain of 2 EER points. During summer condensing temperatures, de-rating Air condition units to 6 to 7 EER is common. This results in power consumption of 2 kw/ton/hour. With over 3,000 cooling hours per year in many climates the resulting loss of efficiency and cost of cooling is oppressive, and will continue to worsen with rate increases. Evaporative coolers boast key environmental benefits and high efficiency rates making them the perfect ‘green’ solution for any business